Quality Physical Education with Tandalay
- a positive movement experience in a non-intimidating environment.
- the opportunity to develop the movement skills, desire, and knowledge associated with the pursuit of lifetime health and fitness.
- a positive social outlet which incorporates teamwork, cooperation, good sportsmanship, integrity, persistence, acceptance, encouragement, and motivation.
- the opportunity to learn how to set reasonable and realistic goals, to measure and record personal progress toward those goals, and to celebrate personal, peer, and whole team accomplishments.
- a safe environment (physically and emotionally) in which students feel free to move, explore, and play freely.
- easy access: simply print and play!
- easy implementation: lesson plans are done for you – from warm-up to cool-down.
- no-prep-time! lesson plans are written with easy to follow bullet points and simple instructions.
- pre-screened games and activities: just because a game is commonly played, or just because an activity is written in a book, doesn’t make it a good game. Our games must meet very specific criteria before inclusion in Tandalay Curriculum.
- little or no equipment: with only a few pieces of inexpensive equipment, you can play every game on our website! We’ve carefully selected equipment that is versatile, inexpensive, stimulating, enables success, and motivates the students!
- quality, non-intimidating, all-inclusive, FUN FUN FUN, complete lesson plans – whether you need 20 minutes per day or two hours – there are more than enough activities for EVERY DAY! No two lesson plans are exactly alike!
- a research and standards based program that “unpacks” the standards for you!
Physical Education is MORE than running, calisthenics, or sport. It is a total movement experience that focuses on FUN, involvement, character, self-esteem, health and fitness, and total well-being for our students. It is an essential part every day.
We believe that a quality after-school program is equally essential for our youth. As Colin Powell so aptly put it “There is abundant evidence that kids who have caring adults in their lives, safe places to go after school, and constructive activities to absorb their interest and energy, stand a much better chance of avoiding trouble, succeeding in school, and leading happier lives than those who don’t.”
We believe that children and youth who are involved in Tandalay All-Out-Play in the after-school setting will benefit in a number of ways:
After-School Recreation provides a meaningful movement experience that enriches the lives of youth by providing long-lasting health and fitness skills, encouraging relationships with caring and consistent adults, and by enhancing self respect and respect for other through the Power of Positive Play